1. Facebook had a terrible year, starting with leaked information to Cambridge Analytica of up to 87 million users. It lost 19% value, up to $100 billion, the biggest loss in the history of the stock market. Mark Zuckerberg lost $40 billion personally. And there was congressional investivations. All told, Facebook had 21 scandals centered around privacy violations. It was as bad a year as Facebook could get.
2. Apple lost 20% of its value. It went from being the first trillion dollar company to no longer holding that title.
3. Amazon's Jeff Bezos became the richest man in history at $150 billion.
4. AT&T bought Time Warner.
5. General Data Protection Regulation passed in Europe.
6. Marriott faced the second largest data breach in history.