Chris joins Leo to talk about five exercises you can do to train your eye and become a better photographer.
1. Only take pictures of or from the ground for one entire day.
2. Take more photos. Every time you take a picture of something, take ten. From various angles and distances. Do this for an entire day. Photographers call this "working the scene."
3. Only shoot black and white for an entire day. Set your camera to black and white, or use B&W filters built into the camera, especially smartphones.
4. Only shoot with your smartphone or an entire week. This will remind you how little gear matters.
Our next photo assignment is - QUIET. Take a photo of, about or otherwise concerning the concept of "QUIET" and then post it to the Tech Guy Group on Flickr. Make sure to tag it with the word "TGQUIET" as well! And if Chris likes it, it could end up on next month's photo contest review segment!
Check out Chris' new one on one photography workshop Photo Sensei.
5. Select your favorite ten photos and print them.