Eric uses Windows 7 because he likes it. He doesn't want to go to Windows 10 because he doesn't like it. But if he has to upgrade, is there a way to change the layout? Leo says that Windows 10 is pretty close to Windows 7, and it's vital to upgrade for security updates alone. And he can change Windows 10 to look like Windows 7. Check out StarDock.
1. Stop using it as an administrator. Use it as a limited user instead. Add an account as an administrator and then demote the existing account to a limited user. This will stop over 90% of all the exploits out there.
2. Stop using Internet Explorer. Go with Google Chrome. It's free and far more secure.
3. Don't click on links in email.
4. Only get your software from original vendors.
5. Keep your anti-virus software up to date.
6. Stop using Java
7. Use a password vault like LastPass
8. Turn on second-factor authentication