Johnny Jet joins us to talk about the earthquakes that have struck the last few days. Though it was about 100 miles away, everyone could definitely feel it.m Here are a few tips and a plan in case of an earthquake, especially if travelling.
1. Have your phone at the ready with websites bookmarked including Tsunami.gov. You'll get a warning within minutes when you sign up.
2. Follow @NewEarthquake on Twitter
3. Download the ShakeAlert LA app. It didn't really work a few days ago, but they're constantly tweaking the system to make it more accurate. And it could give you a 20-second warning.
4. Have a wrench to turn off your gas until you can verify that there's no leak.
5. Have an earthquake kit, not only for your home but also for your car.