George wants to know how to avoid malware. Leo says to practice safe computing. Here's a few steps:
1. Stop using Windows as an administrator. Use it as a limited user instead. Add an account as an administrator and then demote your existing account to limited user. This will stop over 90% of all the exploits out there.
2. Stop using Internet Explorer. Go with Google Chrome. It's free and far more secure.
3. Don't click on links in email.
4. Only get your software from original vendors.
5. Keep your anti virus software up to date. Windows Defender works and it comes with Windows 8 and 10.
6. Keep it updated!