RJ heard that ATMs run on XP, and he's concerned with Microsoft's end of life support of it in April. Leo says that there isn't any worry. XP can still be used safely if you're careful, and ATMs are using a protected network. They aren't visiting websites. So therefore, it's pretty much firewalled and protected. Individual users can do the same thing, too:
1. Stop using XP as an administrator. Use it as a limited user instead. Add an account as an administrator and then demote your existing account to limited user. This will stop over 90% of all the exploits out there.
2. Stop using Internet Explorer. Go with Google Chrome. It's free and far more secure.
3. Don't click on links in email.
4. Only get your software from original vendors.
5. Keep your anti virus software up to date.
6. Stop using Java.